Add a personal touch to your holiday gifts and make your loved ones feel extra special this season by making the outside of your presents as special as the inside. From crafty and handmade to elegant and easy, we have put together some inspiration for a memorable holiday gift exchange. Though we have always been told that it's what's inside that counts, people have been known to judge a book by its cover, or in this case, a gift by it's wrapping. Whether you make custom or personalized paper, splurge on designer sheets or just jazz up the old Kraft postal wrap, this holiday we have put together some inspiration for a memorable gift exchange.
1. High-Fashion Handouts Home decor company, One King's Lane teamed up with a group of designers last year to create their own wrapping paper. From minimalist chic and modern graphic prints, to whimsical and playful patterns, antique reproductions and classic florals, these designs have inspired us to infuse style and high-fashion into gift wrapping.
2. Go Green Reusing is one of the best things you can do during the high waste time of the holidays. Envelope your gifts with old maps, newspapers and comic books and use old Christmas tree light bulbs or ornaments to deck up your paper. Put more thought and less garbage into your gift this year by getting creative with your wrapping.
3. Furoshiki Originating from Japanese culture where caring for the environment and reducing waste is greatly promoted; Furoshiki is the eco-friendly wrapping cloth. Put your own luxurious twist on this concept by reusing silk scarves, spare fabric or cut up your vintage clothing.
4. Shadow Boxes Wrap gifts in tissue paper, paste holiday-themed figures on top and cover the boxes with glossy cellophane. Adding speech bubbles eliminates the need for a gift tag.
5. Fashionably Festive Paper Choosing stylish prints with holiday colours is a fashionably festive way to wrap your gifts.
6. Specialty Paper and Rich Ribbons Combining textures like embossed paper and velvet ribbon creates a luxurious look.
7. Personalize and Monogram It From packaged letters, stamps, cut outs or stencils, a cute way to embellish your gifts is by personalizing and writing little messages on them.
8. Gift Labels Another great and simple way to dress up generic gift-wrapping is with momentous labels
9. Stamp It Put your personal touch to holiday favours by stamping different patterns and prints onto bare paper or tissue paper.
10. Chalk it Up Send special messages and create labels on black bags or paper with chalkboard pen.
11. Get Crafty Transform plain brown wrapping with some twine, plants and special trimmings.
12. Games Make unwrapping a gift even more fun with game themed, printed-paper. Specialty stores even carry personalized word search paper, or if you have access to an over-sized printed, make the game greetings yourself.
13. Play with Pop-Ups Cut fun, holiday inspired shapes into the wrapping paper and fold back to reveal a second colour of tissue beneath and to add a 3D surprise to your gift giving.
14. Colour Code Assign each loved one a different colour paper, to avoid destination mix-ups and to claim space for each loved one under the tree.
15. Go Au Naturel Accenting nature’s wonders such as sprigs, berries, and leaves and even decorating them with glitter and silver paint turns packages into an extravagant, eco-friendly offering.